Go to top
Alchemy Coffee -- Brew Guide -- Espresso
- We recommend a brewing ratio of 1:2. For what we consider a double shot of espresso, we use 19.0g of ground coffee to extract 38ml of liquid.
- Remove the portafilter and rinse water through the group head for 2 seconds.
- Wipe any spent coffee grounds and water from the portafilter basket.
- Place the portafilter onto digital scales and reset it to zero.
- Grind the coffee with a fine setting, directly into the basket.
- Distribute the grounds in the portafilter basket so there are no mounds or craters.
- Tamp the coffee firmly and evenly to achieve a flatbed of coffee.
- Gently insert the portafilter into the group head and place the cup with the scales underneath the portafilter spouts.
- Start the espresso shot and stop when the scales read 3-4g short of the target yield.
- Aim for the espresso extraction to finish around 28-32 seconds.